Site to User - Learn More
What is Site-to-User?
- A security enhancement designed to confirm that you are logging in to Malaga Bank's legitimate Web site and not a fraudulent Web site designed to look like Malaga's.
- Assists customers in the fight against identity theft.
- You choose a unique image and phrase known only to you and our internet banking system.
- Each time you log in, you will see your unique image and phrase.
- If you do not see your image and phrase, do not log in.
How does this increase security?
- Site-to-User helps you know you are really on Malaga Bank's legitimate Web site and not a fraudulent Web site set up to steal your personal information without your knowledge.
- Malaga Bank does all it can to confirm that you are who you claim to be.
- Site-to-User helps you know that we are your bank.
- If our Malaga Bank site knows that you are who you claim to be and you know that our site is legitimate, we can transact business more safely and securely.
- During phishing and pharming attacks, users are often lured to fraudulent Web sites that look genuine. Such sites may ask a visitor to enter private information.
- Site-to-User helps you know the difference between a fraudulent Web site and our legitimate site.
How will my login process change?
- First, you will input your username without a password.
- Then you will be asked to input your password.
- You will then be required to select an image and phrase.
- When your selected image and phrase is displayed on our site, it confirms to you that the site is indeed authentic.
- You will then continue to access your accounts with a greater level of security.
Do I have to use Site-to-User?
Yes. If you have questions about this, please contact Malaga Bank at (310) 375-9000.
Do I have to choose an image and phrase?
Yes. We require all users to choose an image and phrase.
Can I use my own picture?
No. But there are many images to choose from.
What if the image is not my image when I log in?
Do not log in. If this happens to you, it could be caused by one of the following things:
- You may have entered an invalid login name
- You are on a fraudulent site; or
- You (or someone with your credentials) changed your image.
If this happens, you should try starting the login process over completely. If the wrong image continues to appear, or if there is not an image, contact Malaga Bank at (310) 375-9000 for help.